Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Prospective jurors are never contacted by email or telephone for failure to serve jury duty.

Anyone who receives an email or telephone call demanding payment or personal information is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency to file a report and the Yuba County Jury Department at 530-740-1890.

Civil Division

Civil Division Cases

The Civil Division handles cases in which parties sue to:

(a) recover money or real or personal property

(b) enforce a contract

(c) recover damages for injury

(d) request name changes or writs

(e) seek protection of civil rights

(f) request emancipation of minors

(g) seek protection from elder abuse, workplace and civil harassment

(h) resolve disputed eminent domain proceedings, and

(i) petition for adoption

Civil Division FAQs

Click on the topics and FAQs below for more information.

Pursuant to Government Code § 68086(a)(1)(A), effective November 1, 2012, Yuba Superior Court will collect a $30 fee for court reporting services payable by moving parties in each matter set for the 10:00 a.m. Monday* civil law and motion calendar.

The $30 fee will be due and payable at the time each moving paper is presented for filing. Please note that if more than one moving paper is filed, even if by the same party in the same case, court reporter fees must be paid for each moving paper.

*Tuesday if Monday is a holiday

Please see our Calendar Schedule page for more information.

Long cause court trials and jury trials commence on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., unless Monday is a holiday. At-issue memorandums are not required in civil cases, as the trial dates are assigned at the Case Management Conference.

Arrangements for setting an ex parte application for hearing must be made through the judges’ secretary by dialing (530) 740-1800, Option 8. A fee is due and payable prior to the ex parte hearing, in addition to any other fees that may be due.

Counsel or parties may make telephonic appearances in civil law and motion matters, trial setting conferences, and case management conferences by calling CourtCall at (888) 882-6878 or (310) 914-7884. Arrangements must be made not less than five days prior to the scheduled hearing date.

Requests for continuances of law and motion matters shall be made ONLY in one of the following two methods: (a) by written stipulation of the parties or counsel filed with the Court, or (b) by oral agreement of the parties, provided the requesting party files with the Court, prior to the date and time set for the hearing, written notification with proof of service to opposing party/counsel. The fee for continuance is payable at the time the request is made, whether orally or in writing.

Requests for continuances of court or jury trials must be made by noticed motion with supporting declarations and must be accompanied by the appropriate motion fee. Continuances applied for in any other manner will be denied, except in emergencies.

 Court employees cannot make recommendations regarding which attorney you should hire for your case. To assist you in finding an attorney, we refer you to either the Yuba-Sutter Bar Association or the State Bar of California.

The Yuba-Sutter Bar Association is a voluntary bar association for attorneys practicing law in Yuba and Sutter Counties. Not all local attorneys are members of the Yuba Sutter Bar Association.

Their contact information is as follows:

Yuba Sutter Bar Association
P. O. Box 204
Marysville, CA 95901

The State Bar of California is an organization to which lawyers must belong in order to practice law in California.

The California State Bar was created by the state legislature in 1927. It is a public corporation within the judicial branch of government and serves as an arm of the California Supreme Court. Membership in the State Bar of California affords attorneys the right and privilege of practicing law in the State of California. The Bar's integrated network of functions and services — many of them mandated by law — protects the public and assists attorneys in meeting their professional obligations.

The contact information for The State Bar of California is as follows:

The State Bar of California
180 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: (415) 538-2000

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.