Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Prospective jurors are never contacted by email or telephone for failure to serve jury duty.

Anyone who receives an email or telephone call demanding payment or personal information is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency to file a report and the Yuba County Jury Department at 530-740-1890.

Collections Division

Can't Afford to Pay Your Citation?

If you cannot pay the full amount of an infraction fine, you may ask the Court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay using an online tool without ever stepping foot in the courthouse. 

Access MyCitations to request an infraction fine reduction.


The Court Collections Division is responsible for the collection of time (installment) payment accounts.

Delinquent Accounts

When an account becomes delinquent, it may be sent to the Franchise Tax Board for collection. California law allows the Court to request the Franchise Tax Board to collect court ordered debt owed by defendants with delinquent accounts in Yuba County.

Contact the Franchise Tax Board if:

  • Your wage garnishment or bank levy is causing a financial hardship
  • The letter you received doesn’t belong to you
  • You want to give them permission to discuss your account with your representative

FTB Court ordered debt

Phone: (916) 845-4064
Weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM

Contact the court if:

  • You do not agree with the debt
  • The debt was paid
  • Time was served (like community service)
  • You have other questions or issues


Collections Information & FAQs

Click on the topics and FAQs below for more information.

If you would like to make monthly payments, you should contact:

215 Fifth Street, Suite 200 (Windows 1 – 3)
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: (530) 740-1830
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

A Court Collections Clerk will assess the amount you owe and your ability to make monthly payments, and will then determine the best payment plan for you.

You should contact:

215 Fifth Street, Suite 200 (Windows 1 – 3)
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone: (530) 740-1830
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Phone Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

You should contact the Collections Clerk who handles your account for an evaluation of your current situation. Depending upon a variety of factors, the Collections Clerks may be able to help you through this difficult time by adjusting your payment schedule.

California Penal Code § 1214.1 authorizes California courts to “impose a civil assessment of up to $100 against a defendant who fails, after notice and without good cause, to appear in court for any proceeding authorized by law or who fails to pay all or any portion of a fine ordered by the court or to pay an installment of bail as agreed to under Section 40510.5 of the Vehicle Code.”

Yuba County Superior Court implemented its Civil Assessment Program on July 1, 2006 as part of an effort to enforce orders of the court in a more effective and efficient manner.

The amounts set for fees, fines and assessments are not established by the Court. They are either set by the California legislature or by counties or municipalities through local ordinances. The Court simply processes the cases and collects the money, which is then distributed to various state, county and city entities.

If your case is in Court Collections, you have either never paid or failed to pay your fees and fines. If your case is still in Yuba County, you may be allowed to appear before a Judge to explain any extenuating circumstances. However, once your case has been transferred to Shasta, you should deal directly with Shasta.

In 2006, Yuba County Superior Court implemented a Comprehensive Collections Program, as defined in Penal Code § 1463.007. As part of the program, Court Collections Clerks pulled every traffic citation and court case that had not been paid, either in full or in part. The Clerks reviewed the cases, determined what money was still due and owing, and sent notices to defendants who had not paid. This program is still in effect and we are still reviewing old files and cases. If you dispute that you owe the money, contact the Court Collections Division. If your case is being handled by Shasta Collections, you must contact them directly.

California law allows the Court to request the Franchise Tax Board to “intercept” funds owed by the State of California to defendants with delinquent accounts in Yuba County. The documentation provided to the State by the Court states the amount due and owing at that time. If you pay down or pay off an account, we will notify the Franchise Tax Board the following month so that the “intercepted” amount will be reduced. “Intercepted” funds include California state income tax refunds and lottery winnings.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.