Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Prospective jurors are never contacted by email or telephone for failure to serve jury duty.

Anyone who receives an email or telephone call demanding payment or personal information is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency to file a report and the Yuba County Jury Department at 530-740-1890.

Domestic Violence

If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

Domestic Violence Related Information

Domestic violence is abuse committed against an adult or a minor who is a:

  • Spouse
  • Former Spouse
  • Cohabitant
  • Former Cohabitant
  • Person with whom the suspect has had a child
  • Person with whom the suspect is having or has had a dating or engagement relationship

Warning: People can tell what Internet sites you’ve visited on your computer. Be Safe! Use the Internet at a local library, a friend’s house, or at work.

If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

Quick Links


Click on the topics and FAQs below for more information.

“Abuse” means to hit, kick, hurt, scare, throw things, pull hair, push, follow, harass, sexually assault, or to threaten to do any of these things. Abuse can be spoken, written, or physical.

It is a court order that helps protect people from abuse.

It can order the restrained person to:

  • Not contact or go near you, your children, other relatives, or others who live with you
  • Not have a gun
  • Move out of your house
  • Follow child custody and visitation orders
  • Pay child support

If a restraining order is violated, a law-enforcement officer is able to make an arrest, even if no abuse takes place at that time.

In an emergency situation, a law-enforcement officer can request the judge to sign an emergency restraining order, even if the court is closed.

During the court’s business hours, you can request a restraining order by filling out the appropriate paperwork. For more information about the needed paperwork, please see the California Courts Online Self Help Center’s Protection website.

For assistance in filling out the paperwork for a domestic violence restraining order, you may contact Yuba County Victim-Witness or Casa De Esperanza.

There are no fees for a Domestic Violence restraining order. For all other types of restraining orders, please see our fee schedule.

Please see the California Online Self-Help Center or more information.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.