Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Prospective jurors are never contacted by email or telephone for failure to serve jury duty.

Anyone who receives an email or telephone call demanding payment or personal information is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency to file a report and the Yuba County Jury Department at 530-740-1890.


Dissolution of Marriage

A dissolution of marriage (or divorce) may be filed by a party seeking to end a marriage. To obtain a dissolution in the state of California, you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last six months and for three months in the county where you are going to file for dissolution.

Legal Separation

A party who either cannot file for dissolution because he or she doesn't meet the residency requirements or does not wish to end the marriage for psychological or economic reasons may file a legal separation. A judicial officer can make orders for child support and/or spousal support, custody and visitation, and division of property; however, the parties remain legally married, even though they may be living apart.


You may ask the judge to declare that your marriage is not valid by filing an annulment (nullity of marriage). There are several reasons for why a judge may say that a marriage is not legally valid. For example, a marriage that is incestuous (between close blood relatives) or bigamous (where a spouse is already married) may be annulled

Information and FAQs

Click on the topics and FAQs below for more information.

Six months and one day from the date of service, providing all required documents have been submitted to the Court. For more information, please contact or visit the Yuba County Superior Court Self Help Center

You can hire an attorney to handle the divorce proceedings for you. We cannot recommend an attorney; however, we can refer you to the California State Bar

You do not need an attorney to file for divorce. The Court’s Self-Help Attorney/Family Law Facilitator provides free legal assistance.

The Court’s Self-Help Center provides computer access for filling out and printing court forms. There are also self-help manuals for filling out court forms.

If you meet the income guidelines, you can fill out a Fee Waiver Packet using the court's  File@Home service to have some or all of the filing fees waived.

Domestic partners are defined as “two adults who have chosen to share one another’s lives in an intimate and committed relationship of mutual caring.” Many of the court forms dealing with divorce also are applicable for the dissolution of a domestic partnership.

To obtain a copy of your Final Judgment of Dissolution (divorce decree), you will need to either come to the Court or submit your request by mail. If requesting a copy by mail, please send your request to the Family Law Division at the address shown above.

You will need to include:

  • Case Number
  • Names of both parties
  • Approximate year the divorce was final
  • Self-addressed postage paid envelope
  • Check or money order for the Court's fee of $15 plus $ .50 per page

If you do not have the case number, the Family Law Division can search our records for you for an additional fee of $15 per name.

If you are requesting a document other than the final judgment, please provide a detailed description of the document and if possible, the date it was filed. Write in the memo section of your check "not to exceed" $25. We will fill in the amount and provide you with a receipt showing the amount you were charged. Please include a self-addressed postage paid envelope.

Please make your check payable to "Yuba Superior Court." There may be a delay of up to two weeks after your request is received.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.